Law School Commencement
The 2021 law school commencement ceremony will take place virtually Friday, May 21, at 4 pm, followed by pre-scheduled small group commencements Saturday, May 22, and Sunday, May 23 at the Law School Campus.
Virtual Ceremony Details:
Commencement 2021: Friday, May 21, 4 pm: you, your family and friends, faculty, and staff are invited to attend a virtual ceremony during which the commencement addresses will be delivered. Addresses will be given by:
- U.S. Representative Earl Blumenauer, your commencement speaker
- Lewis & Clark President Wim Wiewel
- Lewis & Clark Law School Dean Jennifer Johnson
- The Leo Levenson faculty award recipient
- Student speaker
Guest Registration for Small Group Commencement Ceremonies:
Each graduating student is limited to 4 guest spots. We are required to collect the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of each guest for contact tracing purposes. Details on how to register guests will be updated.
Expectations of you, your guests, and the faculty/staff: We are very happy we can provide an in-person opportunity for you, your guests, faculty, and staff to celebrate your accomplishment. That said, there are certain things we will all – even those who have been COVID-19 vaccinated - have to do to ensure everyone is safe and comfortable during the in-person ceremonies. Specifically, we will all be expected to:
- Wear masks – a black disposable one will be provided to you, in a plastic bag, with your regalia. Please be sure your guests know they have to wear masks from the time they exit their vehicles until they return to their vehicles after the ceremony.
- Stay home if ill - if you or one of your guests is not feeling well, please stay home.
- Distance – maintain at least a 6-foot distance between anyone outside your guest group.
- Use only designated restrooms – use only the restrooms in the Lower Lounge in the Legal Research Center or Gantenbein.
Regalia and Graduation Announcements Distribution:
The distribution of these items will commence on March 29, 2021, according to the schedule below. All regalia will be yours to keep and there is no charge for it. You can pick up these items from the Registrar’s Office on the dates listed between 10 am – 12 pm and 2 - 6 pm. The ranges are based on last names.
Monday, March 29: A-C
Tuesday, March 30: D-F
Wednesday, March 31: G-J
Thursday, April 1: K-L
Friday, April 2: M-P
Monday, April 5: Q-T
Tuesday, April 6: U-W
Wednesday, April 7: open for anyone who missed their earlier pick-up date
Thursday, April 8: open for anyone who missed their earlier pick-up date
Friday, April 9: open for anyone who missed their earlier pick-up date