These are a number of useful links both for your academic career, your legal career, and for enjoying all of the wonderful places that Portland has to offer.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions, comments, and links that you find to be useful.
Legal & Academic
- LC Handbook: A great place to start for any questions about Lewis & Clark Law.
- LC Podcasts: Listen in on topics concerning the LC community, or catch up on an event that you missed.
- Boley Library: Our library website provides access to a wealth of resources to get you started on your research.
- HeinOnline: An expansive collection of PDF articles from virtually every legal journal.
- Westlaw: One of the two major search engines for legal research, statutes, and judicial opinions.
- LexisNexis: The other major search engine for legal research, statutes, and judicial opinions.
- Oregon State Bar: The website for the bar association of the State of Oregon.
- Oregon Laws: A user-friendly and searchable online version of Oregon statutes including decision notes.
- Oyez: Supreme Court Summaries.
- SCOTUS blog: A blog covering all events relating to the Supreme Court and the decisions it makes. An excellent site for Supreme Court news.
First Year Survival Guide
- SBA First Year Survival Guide: A handy guide to help you survive your first year at law school.
Dean Spence’s Advice for New Students
Frequently Asked Questions: Dean Martha Spence’s answers to frequently asked questions from new students.
- Bar Exam Information: Career Services has provided an excellent guide for students seeking to apply to the Bar.
- Surviving the Bar Exam with Your Sanity Intact: Career Services has prepared a list of five essential tips for mentally preparing yourself for the rigors of the bar exam.
A complete list of all of the books for all the Fall 2010 semester law school classes:
Visit the Law Bookstore Website.
- Portland Restaurants: Reviews by Lewis & Clark students. If there are restaurant reviews that you would like us to add, send us a review at email@example.com.
Local Portland Resources
Grocery Stores and Farmers Market: Portland is a food lover’s paradise. A variety of excellent stores provide all manner of fresh food for any dietary requirement or preference.
- Market of Choice: The closest supermarket to campus, known for excellent soups.
- New Seasons: Although pricey, this supermarket provides an excellent selection of organic and healthy foods.
- People’s Food Coop: A community owned co-operative natural foods store organizing local food and farmers.
- Trader Joe’s: The original alternative grocery store chain.
- Portland Farmers Market: Fresh produce, rather far away from campus, located over in the Hawthorne district.
- Powell’s: The largest bookstore in North America. Bibliophile heaven. Excellent cafÃ©, great hang out space if you have the willpower to resist purchasing books.
- Cameron’s Books & Magazines: The oldest book store in Portland, a good place for bargain hunters.
- Annie Bloom’s Books: Friendly small shop located in Multnomah village, more for atmosphere than selection.
- Longfellow’s Books & Music: Located in SE, a small location physically, albeit with a larger catalog.
- Hikes: A few hours from forests, beaches, and mountains, Portland is a great city for wilderness lovers.
Bikes: Portland is also the most bicycle friendly city in the United States, and bicycling is a major pastime and commuting method for many in the city.
- River City Bicycles: Schedules bicycling events and rides, this bicycle store is on MLK blvd in N. Portland and is focused upon athletic and competitive bicycling.
- City Bikes: A cooperative run bike shop on SE Ankeny focused on custom and refurbished bicycles.
- The Bike Gallery: One of the major bicycle shops of Portland, featuring a wide variety of bicycle designs including recumbents. They have six different locations in the Portland metro area.
- Community Cycling Center: A community organization that provides programs to increase bicycle access for youth and adults, and which seeks to widen local accommodations for bicycle usage.
- Clever Cycles: Organizer of the annual Pedalpalooza event, this Hawthorne bike store is another source for all your bicycling accessories. This store also rents bikes.
- Portland Event Calendar: A resource for all of the happenings in Portland.
- The Oregonian: The mainstream daily major newspaper for the state of Oregon.
- Portland Mercury: The alternative weekly, focused on music events. Rather tabloid in nature.
- Willamette Week: The older alternative weekly magazine of Portland, has the best in-depth local reporting, lacks the range of the Oregonian’s news coverage, competes with the Portland Mercury.
Lewis and Clark Carpool Site