Service and Assistance Animal Policy
The law school follows the institutional Service and Assistance Animal Policy regarding animal on campus. In order to maintain a supportive environment, while still respecting those who are uncomfortable around pets or bothered by noises like excessive barking, if you bring your pet to campus, please respect the following pet policy:
- Pets on campus must be on a leash at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in classrooms, eating areas, lounges, or study areas, with the exception of private offices, and suites unless certified as a service animal.
- Any pet not under control must be removed immediately by the owner. Excessive barking by a dog will classify that animal as not under control.
- Any pet reported by multiple students, faculty or staff as a nuisance may be considered out of control.
- Any pet left unattended is subject to impoundment.
- All pet owners must follow city and county animal licensing requirements; any unlicensed pets must be removed from the campus.
- It is a violation of college policy to leave a pet unattended in a vehicle.
- Anyone violating these policies will not be allowed to bring their pets to campus for the remainder of the academic year.