Law School Profile
Law School Enrollment: approximately 600
Student/Faculty Ratio: 10 to 1
Fall 2018 Entering Class Profile
(Data current as of Orientation Day, August 10, 2018)
First Year Class Enrollment: 167
|Out of State||66%||Students of Color||22%|
|States and Provinces Represented (incl. DC)||35||Undergraduate Majors Represented||50+|
|Colleges and Universities Represented||106|
LSAT/UGPA percentiles are calculated by the Law School Admission Council based on matriculant lists provided by Lewis & Clark Law School to the ABA.
Tuition/Financial Aid (2018-19)
|% of incoming students receiving financial aid and/or scholarships or grants||100%|
All candidates are automatically considered for all merit scholarships when evaluated for admission. No separate application is necessary. All merit scholarships are free of academic conditions for renewal.
Lewis & Clark is located right in the City of Portland, Oregon in the Southwest quadrant, just six miles south of downtown. Our campus is nestled inside 645-acre Tryon Creek State Park and is about 10-12 minutes drive from downtown via our free campus shuttle, the Pioneer Express.
|September 1||Application becomes available on www.LSAC.org.|
|November||Application review begins|
|Mid-December||First decisions sent|
|February 15||Priority deadline to file FAFSA|
|March 15||Application priority deadline (applications may still be accepted after this date)|
Offers of admission are made on a rolling basis from December until the incoming class is filled.
We encourage you to apply in advance of our application deadline as review of files begins long before then. We recommend you take the LSAT by the fall of the year before you intend to matriculate. Highly qualified applicants from the spring test administrations may be considered, but competition becomes greater the later one applies. For complete details on LSAT test dates and deadlines, click here.
- Animal Law
- Business, Commercial Transactions
- Criminal Law
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law
- Energy Law, Innovation, and Sustainability Law
- International Law
- Indian Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Public Interest Law
- Tax Law
- Animal Law Clinic
- Legal Practicum: Entrepreneurship and the Law
- Criminal Justice Reform Clinic
- International Environmental Law Project
- Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic
- National Crime Victim Law Institute - Crime Victims Litigation Clinic
- Earthrise Law Center
- Small Business Legal Clinic and Patent Internship Program
- Various internship and externship opportunities both domestic and abroad
- Bar pass data can be found on the law school’s ABA Standard 509 Report.
- Employment breakdown and further placement information can be found on the ABA Standard 509 Report as well as on the Office of Career Services website.
Contact us for more information:
Office of Admissions
Lewis & Clark Law School
10015 S.W. Terwilliger Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97219-7799