LL.M. in Environmental Law
Lewis & Clark’s LL.M. in Environmental Law, Natural Resources Law, and Energy Law offers excellent preparation for practicing, teaching, or policy-making in the environmental, natural resources, and energy law field.
Our dynamic program draws lawyers from across the country and around the world, who consistently give the program high marks for its breadth, depth and educational excellence. Our environmental law program is always highly ranked in the United States by U.S. News & World Report. We also provide outstanding staff support to our LL.M. students as well as one-on-one access to our renowned faculty members.
We encourage you to visit our campus and see the Lewis & Clark difference. We consider applications on a rolling basis and accept applications throughout the year. Our LL.M. program staff are always happy to answer your questions. Contact Associate Director, Lucy Brehm, at email@example.com or 503-768-6882.
Meet some of our LLM graduates!
- Legal Research Associate at Environment Support Group, in Banglore, India.
- Attorney, Freshwater Preservation Program, for the Interamerican Association for Environmental Defense.
- Professor of Environmental Biochemistry at Portland State University, Adjunct Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at OHSU, and faculty fellow of the Institute for Sustainable Solutions at PSU
- Associate Professor of Law, Founding Director, Environmental & Natural Resources Law Program, at Florida International University College of Law
- Active Duty U.S. Navy Judge Advocate, Deputy Environmental Counsel for U.S. Pacific Fleet, Pearl Habor, Hawai’i.
- Professor, University of Idaho College of Law, and Co-Prinicipal Investigator for UI Water Resources IGERT focused on adaptation to climate change.
- Chilean lawyer at the firm of Urenda, Rencoret, Orrego & Dörr
- Corporate Counsel of Electronic Recyclers International, Inc.
- Shareholder at Jackson DeMarco Tidus Peckenpaugh
- Endangered Species Act Litigation Specialist with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Executive Director and Managing Attorney at the Great Lakes Environmental Law Center.
- Vice President, Environmental Strategy and Policy, at Entergy Corporation, a national utility company with offices in Jackson, Mississippi and New Orleans
- Principal of Fletcher Coastal Consulting in Pacific Grove, California, and former Executive Director of the Coastal States Organization which represents the interests of the Governors from the thirty-five coastal States and Territories on federal, legislative, and policy issues relating to sound coastal, Great Lakes, and ocean management.
- Professor at the School of Policy Studies, Kwansei Gakuin University, where he teaches courses in the areas of Environmental Law, Comparative Environmental Law, Environmental Assessment.
Comments from a recent LLM class:
“The courses, clinical experience and other multiple events at Lewis & Clark were the perfect combination for me to have a great experience during the course of my LLM Everything I learned at Lewis & Clark prepared me for the challenges I will face during the rest of my career as an environmental lawyer in Colombia.”“I remember how lucky and grateful I felt at the end of each semester knowing that I’d learned this area of law from professors I so admired and in a place with such wonderful staff and students.”“…everything was memorable about Portland and the people I met. Definitely when I met Chief Justice Roberts after the Moot Court competition.”