LL.M. Application Instructions
2014-15 LLM Application Form (PDF format)*
*You can download Adobe Acrobat free if you do not already have it installed
If you are unable to download the application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a paper copy. Please make sure you submit the following in addition to your application.
- Completed LL.M. application, signed and dated
- Nonrefundable $50 application fee (no fee required for international students if you send materials directly to the school via email or regular mail; if you use LSAC you will be required to pay the fee)
- Cover letter explaining, in about 200 words, why you seek an LL.M. in environmental and natural resources law
- Three letters of reference written by people who know you well. These letters should be written to help the Admissions Committee evaluate your academic capacity and ethical character, writing and research skills, and professional ability as a lawyer. The letters do not need to be sealed and may be submitted directly to the law school or with the other application materials. Letters for international applicants should discuss ability to study in a U.S. law school and facility with English, if known.
- Current resume
- Writing sample of approximately 10-15 pages that will demonstrate your ability to organize, reason, and communicate. The sample need not be environmental in nature, but should be an example of legal writing that demonstrates your best writing, research, and analytical skills.
- Official transcripts from each law school attended
International students only:(1) Certificate of financial responsibility;* (2) International Student Information Sheet;* (3) For students for whom English is a second language, TOEFL scores of at least 100; IELTS score of 8 or above.
*If you are admitted, we need these two forms to process your visa. Both forms are available from the Admissions Office as well as online.