LLM via Distance Learning
For years lawyers from around the world have moved to Portland, Oregon to pursue the LLM in Environmental, Natural Resources, and Energy Law at Lewis & Clark. We are pleased to now offer this same degree via distance learning starting in fall 2019 (pending ABA acquiescence), in a flexible and engaging 100% online format.
We have designed these online courses to the same caliber of excellence as our on-campus courses. You will have access to many of the same professors, content, and world-class learning experience as our in-person students. For more information, download our brochure.
Why pursue an LLM in Environmental Law at Lewis and Clark via distance learning?
- Lewis & Clark Law School’s environmental law program is ranked as one of the best in the nation, (US News & World Report).
- The courses are offered entirely online, and coursework is interactive and flexible.
- Scholarships are available.
- You will interact and network with students from around the world.
- You can gain your degree without relocating, quitting your job, or altering your personal and family engagements.
- The LLM degree at Lewis & Clark helps prepare you for environmental law career opportunities.
We encourage you to reach out to an Environmental LLM outreach team member and learn more about the Lewis & Clark difference. Our LLM program staff is always happy to answer your questions.
A Career in Environmental Law
Lewis & Clark’s LLM degree prepares lawyers for practicing, teaching, or policymaking in the environmental, natural resources, and energy law field. Our students often tell us that the LLM in Environmental, Natural Resources, and Energy Law program at Lewis & Clark is a challenging, exhilarating and life-changing experience.
By completing the LLM via distance learning, you do not need to choose between your career, education or personal commitments. Meet some of our past LLM graduates who have gone on to do great things. Learn More.
Your faculty for the online LLM are many of the same professors to which our on-campus LLM students have access. No matter the program, class, or faculty–our students come first. Learn more about our faculty. Learn More.
Designed to accommodate working attorneys, this program is geared to maximize your time and help you reach your goal. The program is offered 100% online, and you will have access to technical support, interactive learning elements, virtual office hours, and more.
Applicants for the LLM program must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited US or international law school
- Demonstrate an excellent academic record, strong legal research and writing skills
- Have a genuine interest in environmental, natural resources, or energy law
- Hold or be about to obtain a law degree that would qualify them to apply to practice as a lawyer or judge in their home country (JD if in the US, otherwise LLB or the equivalent)
- actual bar membership is not required.
- For US students, a JD from an ABA-accredited law school is highly preferred.
- A degree in any other discipline, even if combined with elements of law or policy, is not sufficient to qualify for LLM admission.